Friday, June 13, 2008

One thing I won't miss...

The Mid-Lifers are at rehearsal and so SP and I are chillin' in the TV room. I went to get off the couch to head into the kitchen and I see the ass-end of something dart into the kitchen. So SP and I go to check it out and it darts out again, through the dining room and into the hallway. Chipmunk.

Did it go upstairs? Stay downstairs? Where the hell did it go? So I go upstairs, making some noise and whistling (thanks, mom, for teaching me how to whistle all those years ago), and I make a sweep of all of the rooms that left the door open (all but "Crystal"), closing the doors behind me as I left each swept room. I found nothing. SP did the same kind of deal downstairs. He found nothing. Is it still here? Did it leave? Does it like cuddling up in the backpack that's on my floor? The laundry on "Heidi's" floor? The stuff on "Scott's" desk? Who knows.

SP and I are now leaving and entering every room like it might be filled with explosives. Taking a cautious step into the room, leaning in, looking around, making some sort of noise, waiting to see what happens, continuing through the doorway hesitantly. Doing the same thing going into the next room. It's a rather comic scene.

But I won't mind leaving the "outside animals coming inside" that happens here. Good thing my first experience with that happened so close to the end of my time here. That said, however, I most likely won't be sleeping too well the next two nights...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Someone I work with once had a stray cat give birth in a sock drawer....Sooooooo, you got that going for you