Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back to the grind

So last week was, by most accounts, bizarre. BUT...it was bizarre personally. So, sadly, you don't get to know anything about it. Because that has nothing to do with my adventure here. You'll all just have to wait until my memoirs come out and read about the wackiness and almost farcical miscommunication problems of the past 7 days or so. And I guarantee you'll all laugh.

Because it's funny only because it isn't happening to you.

As for the show...it goes on. Not that I'm counting, but we have 14 scheduled shows to go. I say "scheduled" because we've had two shows a week cancelled the past two weeks. So it could already be down to 10 shows remaining for all I know. But I'm trying not to look that far ahead just yet.

One interesting thing happens today, however. I get 5 new roommates. Well, actually, I get one returning roommate (the one we decided to call "Scott") and 4 new ones. Either way, the little house that SP and I have put together is in for a MAJOR shock with the addition of 5 more people. Nobody is really sure where people will be living or when they are arriving but I imagine that most of them will be around and sitting in my now-usual couch spot by the time my post-matinee beer is cracked this afternoon. So "Scott" arrived around midnight last night and quickly disappeared into his room, which seems to be how he rolls.

It should be interesting to see what kinds of people will walk through the front door of the Delta House over the course of the day.

I'll post harsh criticism about each one later, I'm sure...

No comments: