Sunday, June 15, 2008

And so it goes...

It's just after Noon on Sunday, June 15th and juuuuuust about all of my stuff is packed up and ready to go. SP and I are gonna try and grab something to eat in a few minutes, bring it back here, and then pack up the van and head out. The last thing that needs to be wrapped up and put away for the trip is my trusty laptop. I find myself oddly sad at the prospect of leaving. I'm a pretty melancholy guy when it comes to the ends of shows. It always feels like a chapter has somehow ended. But this is different. This is stronger. This really IS the end of a chapter in my life.

Shit...as I type this, I'm finding myself tearing up at the mere idea of leaving soon.

I know I'll be back. There are good people here and new friends in the Delta House and even perhaps an ingenue in the movie of my time here at Turkeyville. But all that is a post for a different blog. Or to wait for the memoirs. Not here.

But definitely...I'll be back. But for now, Turkeyville is in the rearview mirror and Chicago lay ahead with all its real-life issues and job searches and auditions and hectic scheduling problems and...

Maybe that's what I'm sad about. Real-life coming back to smack me around again when I've had this decent 2 month vacation. So many questions.

This blog will continue. Please stay tuned. But, for now, it's off to get some fried chicken and then away I go.

Note to self: Don't blubber as you go. Hold it together. Sheesh...

No comments: