Friday, April 18, 2008

It Came From The Barn!!

So after many requests (Don, Don/Sarah, my mom, and finally...Don), I decided to go back into the Delta House barn and document the findings that are held within. Proceed at your own risk...


I drank up a little courage and, armed only with my trusty camera, decided I needed to go back in. The camera angle here and the fact that I'm cocking one eyebrow (most likely) make it look like I'm very drunk. Not the case.



The barn opens its mouth and invites me in. This shot is taken from the driveway as I approach. I spilled some of my beer taking this shot. Um...did I say that I was armed with a beer as well as my trusty camera? I might have left that detail out. Anyway, notice the trailer with the couch in the lower left-hand corner? That's an indication, in Michigan, of status. All the upper-crust of Battle Creek have random couches on their lawn. It's "in".




The contents of the barn come into focus a bit more. I'm not too frightened. Then again...I'm a professional.



Just inside! Christmas trees and assorted decorations. Just behind this batch of crap in the foreground you might be able to see a big white box that once housed a 7-foot Nutcracker. Careful of that thing.




To the right of the main doors, a dirty couch with a table standing behind it. How, one might ask, would a nice white couch in otherwise good condition get so much dirt on it? Well...




...there's a hole right above it. Nothing is safe from the elements in Battle Creek, Michigan! Not even you!




To the left of the main doors, flats and other random set pieces. I imagine that everything is warped beyond use because who knows how long all this stuff has been out here. I've only been here a little over a week and it's rained three of the days and snowed a little bit. In fact, I'm feeling a bit warped after a week and I've been mostly inside! Who thought this would be a good storage option, I wonder?



Finally, I came across this bird. Sad, really. Some Christmas tree will never know what it's like to have a nice white dove on it because of this senseless tragedy.
So there you have it. The mysterious contents of the Delta House barn. Nothing special, I'll grant you, but the outcry for this information was deafening. And I try to be as thorough as possible in my examination of all things Battle Creek. Besides, what else am I supposed to do...study lines? HA!
Coming soon...a brief tour of Delta House itself!!! Not to be missed.

2 comments:

don said...

Hey, when do you NOT have one eyebrow cocked? That barn is a treasure-trove! Use those set flats inside the house to give each room its own "look"! you might be able to hide some of the "character" of the place.

Unknown said...

You should seriously think about a X-mas in july party...