Monday, October 27, 2008

Never a dull moment...

I just got done with one of the longest weekends I've had in a LONG time. I guess I wasn't content with simply finishing up the big show out at Circle Theater, I had to get myself involved with another one of those Columbia College student films. It was a good time and it's always interesting to see how all these students get together to get a film going and shot and everything. But it meant that both Thursday and Friday I had to wake up at 5AM to get to the set by 7AM (braving the crazy CTA system) to stay until 5:30PM or so so that I could train it out to Forest Park for the big show. Saturday I got a little break...didn't have to be on set until 3PM but then had the show afterward. And then Sunday I was called for 8AM, finished up at the stroke of 1PM, then got a ride to the theater to finish out the run. Three days out of those four I saw the sun rise. More times than I've seen it rise in the past year...maybe two!!!

Anyway...in between all of that, I had to pack up and prepare myself for a quick, week-long trip back to Turkeyville for some sort of improvised murder mystery thing that they do at this time every year. So bright and early this morning I found myself on an Amtrak train heading back to Battle Creek. No rest for the wicked, I guess.

DM picked me up and brought me back to the Delta House, which has had some major cleaning done to it. It's no better, structurally, but inside all efforts have been made to make it more of a home and not so much a stop-over for wayward actors. We sat and talked about the gameplan for this show and it seems like good silly fun. It'll be nice to see how it is received but DM and SH (both from "Don't Dress for Dinner") are excited about it. So we'll see.

In about two hours or so, someone will come over and pick me up and we'll all get together and talk about what else will be going on. It's an improvised show so I currently have nothing much to report as far as the show goes. I'll have more after tomorrow's trial-by-fire afternoon show.

Then...I'll go to sleep. I still have sleep to catch up on from the long weekend and I'm STOOPID exhausted.

No comments: