Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's like a damned roller coaster...

"Russ" called today and told me that the lead for the show I auditioned for two week ago was older than they had anticipated the character being. Therefore, all the characters were going to have to skew older so I was no longer going to be called back for the big show he was casting.

So...to recap:

I auditioned to great response.
I got a mysterious call heavily indicating I would be called back but there was some room for doubt.
I was definitely going to be called back, according to the director.
I was absolutely not called back, according to the director.
I did a great job in the show I'm in and was apologized to for being treated poorly and I was for sure going to be called back, according to the director.
The show was being cast in the classic "in another direction" and so the part was no longer available to me.

Watch...three days from now I'll get a call telling me I've been cast and when the first rehearsal is. At this point, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Sometimes I hate people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tuck,


You don't know this yet but I've actually seen you in this show and you were VERY good!!.