Saturday, December 20, 2008

To hell with optimism

So...the opportunity to do "Art" in Indiana didn't pan out. After turning down the show that my former girlfriend, Abbie, was producing in the Spring and being offered a role in the next Factory production, I wrote to the AD of Round Barn and asked him if we could figure out "Art" and then deal with the rest of the season later. And he told me that cut-backs had forced "Art" to not be produced this year. So I took the Factory role, which is fine. But I feel badly about having to turn down Abbie's show. Ah, well. Such is life, I suppose.

But it still sucks.

Anyway, so tonight is the closing night of "Six Degrees" and then a big party afterwards. All-in-all, it's been a good experience, I suppose. I know that I could have been in Indiana with Heidi this whole time and that makes things VERY tough sometimes, but I can't look back at what might have been. I have to just accept that I made the right decisions given the information I had and the order that they presented themselves. Hopefully, I will be able to work with her (and earn a living acting...which would be very nice) in the upcoming year.

To that end, I have downloaded the soundtracks to the Round Barn shows that I have the opportunity to audition for later this month. I've been listening to "my" songs and this past week when Heidi came to town for a few days, she brought copies of the sheet music. I got "Jon", a guy in the show with me who is also a music director and a great pianist, to play the two songs for me last night and I recorded them so I can listen to them and get a little practice in before I get together with Heidi to work on them and then do them for the Round Barn AD. Which is good.

So I'm trying to move forward. I was all set to sort of pick up and move out to Indiana for a good long time starting in late February. Now...it's late April at the earliest. If it's ever going to happen. I'll still go to Memphis and the UPTAs and hope to get some bites out of that. Argh!! So life moves ever onward. And nothing is ever really too easy...no matter HOW easy it may look at the start.

Rehearsals for the Factory show begin on, I believe, Inauguration Day. So I get some time off. The holidays and going to Indiana for a while. And...um...stuff. Should be fun.

No comments: